Front Entrance Sign Repair at Rocking Spring
ROCKING SPRING ENTRANCE REPAIR
The front entrance sign was destroyed in Fall 2021 by a resident in the neighborhood. The Manor Lake Civic Association is working with the insurance company to design and install a replacement sign.
We are currently in the late design phase. The new sign will look similar to the existing sign at Bauer Drive but with the following enhancements:
- Flat center cap instead of an arch. The top will slope to the rear so water sheds down the back (keeping the front cleaner).
- A stone/concrete cap vs a brick arch should reduce erosion on the mortar and reduce the efflourescence of the sign.
- Improved background for the letters to eliminate the fragile border material
- Lettering on the sign part will align with the 4th course so they are about 8" higher to get them above the flowers and lights.
- The new sign is a total of 6" taller than the old one (but 6" shorter than the one at Bauer) The lower letters on the old sign start at the second course of brick,
- The old sign had 12" high letters, but looked crowded. The new sign will have 8-9" lettering to better match the Bauer sign, which has 9" lettering.
This photo shows the design for the replacement sign:
This photo shows the existing entrance sign at Bauer Drive: