chevron_rightIn which school district is Manor Lake?
Manor Lake feeds into Montgomery County Public Schools:Flower Valley Elementary School: https://www2.montgomeryschoolsmd.org/schools/flowervalleyes/Earle B Wood Middle School: https://www2.montgomeryschoolsmd.org/schools/woodms/Rockville High School: https://www2.montgomeryschoolsmd.org/schools/rockvillehs/
chevron_rightWhat are the benefits to living in Manor Lake?
Manor Lake is in close proximity to:
- Both sides of the red line - Rockville Metro Station (4mi) & Glenmont Metro Station (5mi)
- Ride On Bus - Stops at various points along Norbeck Rd
- Lake Frank & Lake Needwood: https://www.montgomeryparks.org/parks-and-trails/rock-creek-regional-park/rock-creek-trails/lake-frank-meadowside-trails/
- Rock Creek Park Trail: https://www.nps.gov/rocr/planyourvisit/hiking.htm
- Rock Creek Village Shopping Center - Safeway, CVS, Villa Maya, Urban BBQ, Moko Sushi, Norbys, Suntrust, Subway, etc.
- Bauer Drive Recreational Center: https://www.montgomerycountymd.gov/rec/facilities/recreationcenters/bauerdrive.html
- Flower Valley Bath & Racquet Club: https://fvbrc.com/
Manor Lake Civic Association
chevron_rightHow big is Manor Lake?
Manor Lake consists of 391 households on the following streets:Bauer Dr (from Norbeck Rd to Manor Lake Dr)Clavel - Clavel St, Clavel TerraceLake - Lake Terrace, Lake Dr, Lake CtManor Lake - Manor Lake Dr, Manor Lake CtMarlin - Marlin St, Marlin TerraceNorbeck Rd (from Baltimore Rd - Clavel St)Rocking Spring DrTrailway DrWaterway - Waterway Dr, Waterway Terrace, Waterway Ct
chevron_rightWhat does my $40 membership fee cover?
- Events - Bulk Pickups, Turkey Trot, Block Parties, Yard Sale, Spring Cleanup, Volunteer Appreciation, National Night Out
- Landscaping - Entrance areas, Norbeck service road maintenance
- Neighborhood Watch
- MLCA Website & Mailing Expenses
- Advocacy on behalf of the community - 311 calls for community maintenance (streetlights out, sidewalks/road maintenance), speed control, communication with MCPS regarding holding school, communication with MCPD regarding community safety
chevron_rightWhat is the Manor Lake Civic Association?
The Manor Lake Civic Association is a voluntary collection of Manor Lake residents who work together to maintain & improve the community and unite our neighbors.The Civic Association is led by the board: President, Vice President, Treasurer, Secretary, and 2 Board Members at Large.Membership dues of $40 are collected annually. Members participate in two general meetings per year and on committees of their choosing.
chevron_rightWho is on the board for Manor Lake Civic Association?
President - Michelle Miller BeanVice President - Lupe RohrerTreasurer - Kasia LongSecretary - Nicole BeaucampAt Large Members - Garrett Fields, Susan Kang, Deborah Shum, Brett Lyhus, Don Seifert, John Jelen
Manor Lake History
chevron_rightWhen was Manor Lake neighborhood developed?
In 1879, Roger Farquhar built the white Queen Anne farmhouse on 391 acres of land (on what is now Rocking Spring Dr) for $4,913. He lived & farmed there with his wife and five children until 1913 when the farm was sold to Nellie Gibson. The farm's ownership changed hands several times until 1945.In 1945, the farmhouse was purchased by Aaron Schwartzman. He sold land back to the county for the formation of Lake Frank and the rest was sold to a development company in 1965.The original owners moved into Manor Lake during the last years of the 1960's.https://mht.maryland.gov/secure/medusa/PDF/Montgomery/M;%2027-1.pdf